Updated May 29, 2021
Dear Frequent Flyers Students and Families,
We have updated our COVID-19 policies to begin May 29, 2021 (listed below), and are so excited to offer camps again and expand our aerial class offerings!
We are also overjoyed to welcome our beginner students and students ages 5-11 back to the studio! The majority of our teachers are vaccinated and are now able to spot students in aerial classes.
Although we are not able to guarantee we can mitigate all risks associated with COVID-19, we are still working hard and doing everything we can to make sure our studio is as safe as possible for our community!
We are implementing policies based on guidelines from the CDC, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Boulder County, and the City of Boulder. We will continue to update our policies as those entities release new laws and recommendations.
We are grateful to have you by our side as we adapt our policies and class offerings. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we learn how to keep each other safe and flying!
Wishing you good health,
Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance
- Aerial classes will be limited to 10 students. Ground classes will be limited to the number of students that can fit in each studio while maintaining a minimum of 6ft of physical distancing.
- Each student and teacher will have their own aerial apparatus and mat during class.
- Aerial apparatus will only be used by one person within a 72 hour period.
- We are continuing to clean the studio daily, including high touch surfaces.
- Everyone must wear a mask in the building at all times. Mask must be an over-the-ear mask and not tie behind the head to avoid tangling in aerial apparatus. Exceptions to mask-wearing are as follows:
- You may remove your mask for brief moments to take sips of water and quick bites of snacks.
- We will not allow students to eat full meals indoors with the exception of camp students during inclement weather. In that instance, students will eat in the studio and will be socially distanced from each other.
- Staff may remove their masks behind the closed door of their offices.
- We will not require students wear masks for outside activities unless 6ft physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Teachers will spray rosin into students’ hands on request. There will not be chalk or powdered-rosin available. If you prefer these, please bring your own supply and refrain from sharing with other students.
Before you arrive:
- Be sure you have registered for your class, signed our waiver, and our Safety Agreement. You will be required to sign the Safety First Agreement prior to every visit to the studio. This is available online or by scanning the QR code and completing on your own device within 12 hours of your arrival at the studio.
- Please arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to your start of class, as it will take time to check-in all of the students.
- Please arrive already dressed in your clothes for class, as the bathrooms may not be used as changing rooms.
- Please come with your own full water bottle and mask.
When you arrive and while you are at the Studio:
- Though we are excited to see each other, please refrain from hugs or high fives. Waves, air-fives, jazz-hands, bows, and curtsies are all encouraged!
- Only registered students will be allowed to enter the building (no guardians or visitors).
- A staff person will be at the front door to check students in and take their temperatures. If you have a temperature greater than 100 degrees, you are unable to attest to the terms of the Safety Agreement, OR you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- You will be given hand sanitizer on arrival and will wash your hands prior to class.
- All of your belongings (shoes, water bottle, outside clothing, etc.) will be placed in a bin that you’ll take into the studio.
- You will be asked to help clean your personal mat at the end of class.
- You will be reminded to wash your hands and gather your belongings.
- Parents/guardians will pick up students at the back studio doors.
If you start to have COVID-19 symptoms, please isolate yourself following the instructions below:
Also, please tell your close contacts to quarantine following the instructions below:
Should there be a case in our studios, we will immediately contact and cooperate with local Public Health’s guidance and communicate with our community accordingly.
Thank you for reading to these new policies designed to keep everyone as safe as possible. We are excited to have you back in the studio with us and look forward to flying with you far into the future!
Bipolar Ionization Systems Installation
We can’t wait for you to get back in the air, and our air is ready for you! We have installed Bipolar Ionization Systems in both studios to help keep our community safe and healthy.
“Air ionization works through the reaction of negatively and positively charged ions. The ions attach to airborne pathogens, such as viruses causing a chemical reaction on the cell membrane’s surface. This deactivates the viruses, rendering them harmless, so they can no longer spread or cause infection.” Source: Plasma Air
Want more information? Check out the specs at Global Plasma Solutions.
Thank you to our local HVAC Contractor, Timberline Mechanical, for bringing great solutions to our community!