Aerial Dance Instructors
Frequent Flyers is a Boulder, Colorado, non-profit aerial dance organization seeking aerial dance instructors to join our incredible faculty! Our organization’s mission it to create and promote the magic of aerial dance through performance and education, and our vision is to help people see the world from a new perspective through experiencing the upside-down realm of aerial dance. We believe this expanded consciousness helps people to maximize their creative potential.
We are looking to add instructors to our team that will promote a welcoming, safe, non-competitive, and inclusive environment that makes students feel encouraged to express themselves and reach their personal goals. Our faculty members use their unique and diverse skill sets to train the whole artist and promote longevity. Our classes focus on developing proper technique, encouraging healthy risk-taking, creative expression, and fun!
Instructors report to the Education Director and work in collaboration with other faculty members. Instructors may teach in a variety of Frequent Flyers’ education programs, including our community school, Student Company, Intensive Training Program, and Kids Who Fly outreach programming. Our school teaches classes in a wide variety of aerial apparatus and levels for ages 5-adult.
These are contractor positions with hours varying based on work available, schedule availability, and experience. Our greatest need is for instructors able to teach on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and weekday daytime hours. The majority of our classes take place Monday-Friday from 4-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 10:30am-3:30pm. We also offer occasional weekday daytime classes, various camps and events, and private lessons and parties.
Experience and Requirements
- Must be age 21+, able to legally work in the U.S., and be willing to submit to a background check
- Must possess a current CPR/First Aid certification (or obtain one within 30 days of hire)
- Must possess a current trade/dba name (or obtain one prior to receiving first paycheck)
- Minimum of 3 years experience teaching aerial dance, preferably to a wide range of ages, learning styles, and levels of experience
- Must have the ability to and experience teaching beginner/intermediate fabric/silks, low flying/dance trapeze, and sling
- Must have completed foundational course work in Anatomy/Kinesiology (either through a college degree, a somatic certification, or other related course)
- Must possess the necessary level of physical fitness to successfully demonstrate aerial skills, effectively spot students, rig equipment, and execute aerial rescues
Additional Preferred Experience
- Ability to teach intermediate/advanced level of any of the following: fabric/silks, low flying/dance trapeze, static trapeze, lyra/hoop, sling, rope/corde lisse
- Ability to teach a beginner/intermediate level of lyra, rope, and/or static trapeze
Please send resume, copies of relevant certifications and coursework, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.