An Evening of Experimental Works: MERDE – April 18, 2020
Applications Due: Saturday, February 15 **We will take late applications if space is available.**
Notification Date: Tuesday, February 18
This is a space for works in process, unfinished ideas, failure, challenging dominant ideologies, confronting aesthetic regimes, otherness, queerness, protest, laziness, nothingness, just good ol’ experimentation open to anyone interested. Participants 18+ and All artistic expressions are welcome!
TOTAL COST TO PARTICIPATE
- Solo: $50
- Duet: $90
- Trio: $120
- Quartet: $140
- 5+ Performers: $150
- Charges for pieces with more than one person will be split equally between all performers.
- If the cost prohibits you from participating, please contact us to inquire about fee waiving.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Use of our equipment and studio space for a dress rehearsal & performance (April 18 – arrive at 3:30pm, performance at 8pm)
- Post show feedback session
- Informal photo and video footage of your piece (you may decline photo or video if you wish)
- Content is open and can be experimental
- Any personal equipment must be inspected and approved
- Use of equipment and space is subject to our approval
- Sarah Harrison: firstname.lastname@example.org with application
- Danielle Garrison: email@example.com with any questions
Frequent Flyers® Student Company is for enthusiastic students willing to grow as aerialists, dancers, performers, artists and team members. Frequent Flyers Student Company will present its 20th season in Spring 2020, showcasing high-quality, student created performances.
Students should have a strong desire to learn more about the art of aerial dance and the ability to be very focused and have a positive presence in classes/ rehearsals. In each age group, we are looking for a dedicated group of artists that work well together!
MISSION: The Frequent Flyers® Student Company is a supportive community fostering creative aerial dance performance opportunities while empowering the individual to embody confidence in their artistic and technical abilities. Embedded in a safe, supportive, non-competitive environment, students can soar in their artistic expression, connecting the ground and the air.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2020 STUDENT COMPANY:
DECEMBER 13. 5PM.
Interested in our Work Study program? Check out the application here.
Check out the Student Company Gallery Page to see photos from past performances.
Education Director, Alysha Perrin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303.245.8272
Aerial Dance Intensive Training Program
Contact: Education Director, Alysha Perrin, email@example.com, 303-245-8272