Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance Professional Company, under the artistic direction of Nancy Smith, performs locally in Colorado and around the U.S. We have performed for Cirque du Soleil dancing on the sides of buildings and in a variety of venues, including the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington DC. Frequent Flyers has been the leading edge for more than 30 years by blending the excitement and beauty of aerial arts with the flow and grace of ground-based dance. Come fly with us!
Sign up to audition: Deadline August 7. Send your performance resume and a video link of you performing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition: Saturday, August 13. 4:30-6:30 PM. Frequent Flyers’ Aerial Dance Studios (3022 E. Sterling Cir. Ste. 150, Boulder, CO).
We are seeking:
- Performers with advanced aerial skills on a variety of apparatus.
- Solid ground-based movement training (including within all forms of dance, not just western forms).
- Comfort with improvisation / pushing the envelope: theatrically, physically, mentally, emotionally in a brave space.
- People from all walks of life and backgrounds.
- Sense of play / openness to new ideas.
- Collaborative working style.
- Commitment to rehearsal process. Rehearsals are 5-7 hours per week.
What we offer:
- Shows typically in December, April or May, and summer outdoors, along with corporate gigs scattered throughout the year.
- Artists work on a per-project basis and are paid a flat fee that varies from project-to-project.
- In-studio Cabarets with shared box office receipts pay out.
- Free aerial classes at Frequent Flyers for company members (space available).
- Free open training time.
How to Sign Up:
Confirm your intention to audition and send your performance resume and a video link of you performing by August 7 to: email@example.com.