Spring in Colorado = 70 degree weather and a snowstorm two days later. Like pandemic life, one day you see crocus peeking out, birds everywhere and the next, you’re shoveling your driveway and wondering how the sky could dump that much snow! We’re hopeful for the future as we see some of our friends and colleagues receiving the vaccine. We know that this time is coming to an end and that we will fly together again.
We are beginning to plan safe performances for this spring and summer, with an eye on re-emergence. A return to performing arts, to share our experiences, is essential to healing. We are eager to join you as we reconnect through the art of aerial dance.
You, our community, have been generous during the pandemic and we hope you will continue your support this year.
Even once we are fully operational, with full studios and live audiences, the cost of operating on Boulder will continue to be a threat to us
We know that grant funding will dry up, especially those that are sales-tax based. Rent will return to normal for us this summer. It is difficult to keep everyone in the air with expenses growing daily. We need the support we received last year to continue. Our art matters and is essential, but it won’t exist without our community’s investment.
How you can help ensure a successful future:
- Donate your Colorado State Tax Refund
- Donate through Colorado Gives (It’s easy to do a monthly donation, too!)
- Donate stock / make a bequest
- Good old fashion checks are most welcome too
We’re looking ahead to
- a streamed collaboration with The Boulder Phil on April 24th
- virtual Student Company and Professional Training Program Student Performances in May
- several outdoor performances this summer by the Professional Company
- virtual 23rd annual Aerial Dance Festival
- July/August opening our classes to kids and beginners as soon as we’re able
Our job is to literally lift the human spirit, especially in times of darkness. Please help us soar above the horizon now and into the future.