Join the Frequent Flyers team in a dynamic work environment! See all of our current Job Opportunities here.
Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance Kids Who Fly Coordinator
Frequent Flyers is a Boulder, Colorado, non-profit aerial dance organization. The Kids Who Fly Coordinator works with the Director of Education to develop and manage our Kids Who Fly program. This person reports to the Director of Education and will also work in collaboration with other Frequent Flyers’ staff and contractors.
Kids Who Fly is a community program that builds healthy risk-taking behaviors works constructively on self-esteem issues and helps youth experience the unique joy of artistic expression through attending aerial classes designed specifically for underserved students. Students benefit from increased strength and confidence; better body image; broader and more appropriate concepts of physical beauty; reduced stress and improved coping through creative expression; improvement in brain function for kids with certain learning disabilities; and the flat-out delight and freedom of flying. Since the program’s inception, we have served over 9,000 youth in our community.
The position is part time at approximately 10 hours per week, $17/hour. No benefits. Hours flexible, but may include evening hours or weekends. Specific duties include the following:
Kids Who Fly
● Works in conjunction with Education Director to ensure all contracts and paperwork for each school/organization are executed and updated
● Works in conjunction with Education Director to develop data metrics, data collection methods, and tracking systems to serve grant needs and research new grant opportunities
● Creates residency programming and workshops including setting schedules, creating curriculum, and ensuring all school/organization programming requirements are fulfilled
● Manages KWF teachers including training, schedule assignments, submission of paperwork required by the schools, etc.
● Provides marketing information to Marketing Coordinator and creates and sends follow up marketing to KWF organizations and participants
● Works in conjunction with Education Director to manage the scholarship program including creating and receiving applications, allocation of funds, and data collection
● Coordinates with PlayPass Boulder to provide scholarships to FFP students, including attending meetings with PlayPass and tracking funds
● Researches and develops new KWF programming and opportunities as resources allow
● Researches and develops new ways to make KWF programming more inclusive by improving current offerings and finding ways to effectively serve new populations
Aerial Dance Studio Support
● As available/needed, help with office coverage and registration during registration weeks
● As available/needed, help with office coverage and registration during the Aerial Dance Festival
● As available/needed, assist with rigging, rigging inspection, and equipment maintenance
● As available/necessary, act as a spokesperson in the community and at specified events for Frequent Flyers
● Knowledge of and deep interest in aerial dance education
● Be detail-oriented, organized, and possess the ability to manage many tasks at once ● Must be able to work independently, possess skills in creative problem solving and critical thinking, be proactive, and consistently meet deadlines
● Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and editing skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with teachers, students, and parents.
● Flexibility to work with new ideas and program development
● Must possess proven skill in use of Microsoft Office and Internet
● Experience using MindBody software & Google products is preferred but not required
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequent Flyers® Productions believes that equal opportunity is important for the continuing success of our organization and our community. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Frequent Flyers Productions shall not discriminate and intends to preclude negative discrimination on the basis of race, disability, health conditions, color, religion (creed), gender identification or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), ethnicity, citizenship, military status, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification whether now in existence or as shall be determined from time to time in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all activities of Frequent Flyers Productions, including but not limited to employment, selection of volunteers, purchasing, and selecting vendors, independent contractors, or consultants.
Frequent Flyers Productions defines “negative discrimination” to include (but not necessarily be limited to) denial of services, admission into classes and events, employment, or volunteer opportunities to any class of individuals in a manner that negatively restricts opportunities to that class of individuals.