Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance: Aerial Arts Instructors
Frequent Flyers is a Boulder, Colorado, non-profit aerial dance organization seeking aerial arts instructors to join our incredible faculty! Our organization’s mission is to create and promote the magic of aerial dance through performance and education, and our vision is to help people see the world from a new perspective through experiencing the upside-down realm of aerial dance. We believe this expanded consciousness helps people to maximize their creative potential.
We are looking to add instructors to our team that will promote a welcoming, safe, non-competitive, and inclusive environment that makes students feel encouraged to express themselves and reach their personal goals. Our faculty members use their unique and diverse skill sets to train the whole artist and promote longevity. Our classes focus on developing proper technique, encouraging healthy risk-taking, creative expression, and fun!
Instructors report to the Director of Education and work in collaboration with other faculty members. Instructors may teach in a variety of Frequent Flyers’ education programs, including our community school, Student Company, Intensive Training Program, Professional Training Program, and Kids Who Fly outreach programming. Our school teaches classes in a wide variety of aerial apparatus and levels for ages 5-adult.
These are independent contractor positions with hours varying based on work available, schedule availability, and experience. Our greatest need is for instructors able to teach on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The majority of our classes take place Monday-Friday from 4-9pm and Saturday and Sunday between 10am-5pm. Our Professional Training classes take place between 11am-4pm on weekdays. We also offer occasional weekday daytime community/outreach classes, various camps and events, and private lessons and parties.
Experience and Requirements
● Must be age 21+, able to legally work in the U.S., and be willing to submit to a background check
● Must possess a current CPR/First Aid certification (or obtain one within 30 days of hire)
● Must possess a current trade/dba name (or obtain one prior to receiving first paycheck)
● Minimum of 3 years experience teaching aerial arts, preferably to a wide range of ages, learning styles, and levels
● Must possess the necessary level of physical fitness & health to successfully demonstrate aerial skills, effectively
spot students, rig equipment, and execute aerial rescues
● Must have ability to and experience teaching at least 3 of the following at beginner/intermediate level: fabric/silks,
low flying/dance trapeze, sling, lyra/hoop, rope/corde lisse, static trapeze, bungee, and/or rope & harness.
● *Based on need, we may consider specialists that can teach beginner-advanced levels of one apparatus.
Additional Preferred Experience & Credentials
● Completed foundational coursework in Anatomy/Kinesiology (either through a college degree, a somatic
certification, or other related course)
● Ability to teach intermediate/advanced level of any of the following:fabric/silks, low flying/dance trapeze, sling,
lyra/hoop, rope/corde lisse, static trapeze, bungee, and/or rope & harness.
● Possess a college dance degree, certification in a somatic practice, and/or an aerial arts teaching certification
Note regarding COVID-19 Protocols: Please visit our website for details: https://frequentflyers.org/covid-19-policies/
Please send resume, copies of relevant certifications and coursework, and references to: email@example.com
Please visit: https://frequentflyers.org/job-opportunities/ for more information. No phone calls please.