Frequent Flyers® is the FIRST aerial dance school approved and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board.
Train with the company that has pioneered Aerial Dance for 29 years, located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado.
The 9 month program focuses on the magical amalgamation of dance and aerial arts with a Performance Track (PT) Create and hone your aerial dance technique by working with our highly qualified and experienced teachers. Transform your aerial skills into artistic expression and find your artistic voice by integrating ground-based movement and aerials into your choreographic repertoire.
2017-2018 Program Dates:
August 28, 2017 – May 25, 2018
**Final application deadline: July 24, 2017 | Auditions by invitation: July 30 and August 10, 2017
2 Professional Study Options available:
- Aerial Dance Performance Track
- Aerial Dance Concentration through the MFA program at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Theater and Dance Department
- *A 60 credit hour program designed to take 3 years (6 semesters) to complete. Applicants must apply directly to the University of Colorado, Boulder and must already have a bachelor’s degree to enter the masters in fine arts program. Weekly Programming is based on the student’s previous experience and specific goals.
- Click here for more information
Aerial Dance Performance Track at Frequent Flyers®:
Discover who you are as an artist and performer from Frequent Flyers® unique approach to aerial dance from the ground up!
- Find your unique aerial dance style through studying Frequent Flyers® movement aesthetic centered on flow, economy of movement, effortlessness, and lines in the body.
- Build your aerial skill sets in fabric, rope, low-flying trapeze, static trapeze, lyra, sling, invented apparatus, stilts, and more.
- Develop and hone your improvisation and composition skills.
- Participate in performances to foster compositional skills in solo and group settings.
- Let Frequent Flyers® diverse teaching staff help you discover who you are as an aerial dance artist.
Each student will leave the program with a portfolio that may include: choreography/performance videos (all work done at Frequent Flyers®), artistic statement/philosophy, resume, website, business cards, and photos.
Performance Track Courses
- Aerial Fitness
- Aerial Dance Technique
- Ground-Based Movement
- Open Gym
- Private Lessons
Technique classes may include: Low-Flying Trapeze, Aerial Fabric, Lyra, Rope, Static Trapeze, Stilts, Rope and Harness, Bungee, Clowning, Partnering, Improvisation, Choreography, Performance, Skinner Releasing Technique, Invented Apparatus, Pilates, Ballet, and Modern Dance.
Workshops topics may include: Nutrition, Kinesiology, Rigging, Career Preparation, Marketing, Costuming, Stage Make-up, Music Editing, and Video Editing.
For more information and application materials, see the documents below:
- Tuition Cost: $8500
- Estimated cost of supplies: $100
- Payment plans available.
- A $15 processing fee is applied to each payment.
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to have a dance background.
- Applicants should have at least one year of focused training in an aerial apparatus.
- Base strength requirements must be able to be performed at the audition.
- All applicants must have health insurance.
- Please note Frequent Flyers® does not provide housing. Applicants must have housing options in Boulder.
Why train with Frequent Flyers®?
Frequent Flyers® training technique goes beyond aerial skill acquisition—we focus on the process of transforming aerial skills into an artistic expression that integrates ground-based movement and aerials. All of our teachers, also accomplished aerial artists, will offer you strong training with safety, technique and creativity in mind. Couple our teachers’ aerial training with their diverse backgrounds in a wide variety of disciplines (for example: Pilates, yoga, massage, science, somatic practices, traditional circus and nearly every type of dance imaginable), and you are sure to leave Frequent Flyers® with a wealth of knowledge pertinent to a variety of aerial applications. We cater to the individual student, thus you can be confident you will receive training customized to your particular needs and goals.
Whether you are looking to incorporate aerials into your movement repertoire or choreography, working towards a career in aerial arts, or are simply looking for an opportunity to have a creative workshop experience where you’ll gain strength, confidence and an entirely new perspective on body awareness, this is the program for you! Our school attracts people from diverse backgrounds, so you will not only have the opportunity to learn from Frequent Flyers® teachers, but also from the individuals you will be training and performing with. It is also the first Aerial Dance School to be approved and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board.
Contact April Skelton, Education Director